Getting yourself ready for a guided walk.
The weather in New Zealand can be changeable, especially in the mountains, so it's important to be prepared for all conditions all year round. Below are our recommended essentials for our walking trips.
Also see our tips on how to prepare for a hike.
What to Bring or Wear:
- Sensible footwear - preferably supportive hiking shoes with a closed toe and grippy tread
- Warm mid layers for all walks
- Thermal layers for winter walks
- A warm hat or sun hat
- Sunglasses all year round
- Sunscreen all year round
- Gloves if you have them
- Waterproof jacket if you have one
- Small day pack if you have one
- A full water bottle
What we provide:
- Knowledgeable and friendly guides offering interpretative commentary of flora, fauna, history and geology
- Transport to and from Queenstown accommodation (excludes private residence)
- Day packs, walking poles and some wet weather gear if required
- On Half Day walks - morning or afternoon tea
- On Full Day walks - snacks and lunch consisting of sandwiches, fruit, tea/coffee and cookies
- On Privately Guided Full Day walks - A Kiwi-style picnic lunch
Visit our gallery and start dreaming about your visit
How to Prepare for a Hike
Check out our helpful tips on preparing for your hike
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our frequently asked questions.